Local Project Kesher women conceive, design and implement their own PK programs because they best understand the needs of their communities – and they are the ones who work tirelessly to meet them.
- We train leaders who then build local networks of support. PK women inspire and mentor each other as they put Jewish values to work for social justice in their communities.
- Programs are designed TO be easily and inexpensively replicated throughout our 170 PK groups. Ideas, useful information and materials are resourced on our Russian language website for everyone to use.
- We invest in technology so that our women can access and share best practices across wide geographic locations--at little or no cost.
- Our Russian-language website now has 24,000 registered users who get important PK information in real time even in the most remote locations.
- Thousands of women download our programs every month. They conduct more than 4,500 programs a year.
A Seat at the Table
Our latest initiative, A Seat at the Table, trains Jewish women and girls to work effectively within their governmental structures and advocate for better policies and more resources to address the issues they confront.
We strive to get Jewish women and girls access to “a seat at every table” so that their voices are present wherever decisions on policy, resource allocation, religious freedom, or key health and safety issues are made.
Our efforts have helped to ensure a strong female Jewish voice on key issues in secular communities in the region and a strong women’s voice in the Jewish community.